Fall 2019 K&M Scholarship Winners
K & M Scholarship Recipient – Fall 2019
K & M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. in Cassopolis is proud to announce their Earl G. Marhanka Scholarship winners for the fall of 2019. This scholarship program was established in 2001 in recognition of K & M’s 50th anniversary and in honor of the entrepreneurial spirit of its founder, Mr. Earl G. Marhanka. To date, over $224,000 has been awarded to over 52 students of K & M employees. This year’s scholarship winners will receive $2,000. They are:
Skyler McKee – Skyler is a graduate of Cassopolis High School and will be attending Olivet College in Olivet, MI where he will be playing football for the Comets. Skyler plans on pursing business at Olivet and one day hopes to own his own construction business. Skyler is the son of Edward McKee, who works in the Burn Shop at K & M.
Caroline McLoughlin – Caroline is a graduate of Lake Michigan Catholic High School and will be attending Loyola University Chicago in the fall. Caroline plans on pursing a degree in business with a possible minor in dance. She hopes to one day help nonprofit startups. Caroline is the daughter of Derek McLoughlin, GM at K & M.
In addition to the 2 new recipients, 5 scholarship winners from previous years are eligible to renew their $2,000 scholarships. They are:
• Maggie Baert (Butler University, by way of Penn High School) – daughter of Patrick Baert
• Zoe Laubach (Bethel College, by way of Edwardsburg High School) – daughter of William Green
• Jackson McLoughlin (Marquette University, by way of Lake Michigan Catholic High School) – son of Derek McLoughlin
• Madison McLoughlin (Loyola University New Orleans by way of Lake Michigan Catholic High School) – daughter of Derek McLoughlin
• Haily Shibinski (Southwestern Michigan College, by way of Brandywine High School) – daughter of Dave Shibinski.